The 4 week ING programme aims to support new governors to play an active and valuable part in their governing body from an early stage. The programme is relevant for governors from all phases and settings and is organised into four core sessions that look at moral purpose, strategic leadership, accountability and the role of governors as a critical friend. Attendance at all four sessions is required. The programme aims to support new governors to better understand:
- the role of governing bodies and why they exist
- how to be an effective member of a governing body
- the key roles and responsibilities of governing bodies in contributing to school improvement
- the different and complementary roles of the headteacher and the governing body
- roles of different stakeholders and their relationship with the governing body
Session 1 of 4: Tuesday 15th October 2019
Session 2 of 4: Tuesday 22nd October 2019
Session 3 of 4: Tuesday 12th November 2019
Session 4 of 4: Tuesday 19th November 2019
Target audience : New Governors
So much information and valuable ideas to put forward and use, excellently delivered! Great resources to share and support school improvement
Cost & Funding
For governors from schools subscribing to Learners First Governor Offer the cost of this event will be met in full (excluding any cover and travel costs).
For delegates from non-subscribing schools the cost is £200.00 per person.
Reserve a Place
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating your name, school and contact details. Please note places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.