Performance Review of Learners First NPQ provision
An external Performance Review of the Learners First NPQ provision was conducted by the Tribal Group on behalf of the Department for Education on 7th & 8th December 2020.
The review was conducted in accordance with the DfE’s NPQ Quality Framework and examined leadership and governance of the programme, participant recruitment, engagement and support, and the design and delivery of all NPQ courses including support for assessment.
The review found that in most areas of the Quality Framework, Learners First provision ‘exceeded expectations’ scoring 9 out of a possible 10 marks. Highlighted strengths included:-
- The well-established network of experienced current school leaders and specialists ensured the NPQ programme content remained relevant with bespoke case-studies supplementing the high-quality content.
- The continuous review and refinement of programme content by those who deliver programmes supports participants effectively.
- Oversight and strategic direction ensures programmes continually improve participants’ leadership development.
- The broad framework in which NPQs form part of a continuum of leadership development.
- Strong collaborative and inclusive partnerships enable Learners First to reach a broad and contextually diverse number of schools, often in challenging areas.
- Well-managed resources and effective risk-management that secure future delivery of NPQ programmes. This includes innovative arrangements to enable participants to catch up on programme content missed due to Covid-19 to ensure programme completion by close of the DfE current contract.
How are the NPQs quality assured?
The DfE accredits a range of providers to design, deliver, and assess the National Professional Qualifications (NPQs). To ensure that a participant’s NPQ is accessible, high quality, and nationally consistent, providers’ provision must meet the requirements of the NPQ quality framework. The quality framework sets out the requirements that all those accredited to deliver NPQs are required to meet and maintain.
The DfE NPQ quality framework is available to download here together with the latest report on the performance of Learners First against the framework. The report is independently produced by the DfE’s quality assurance agent, Tribal.
NPQ Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to all NPQ applicants with Learners First Schools Partnership Ltd and forms part of the application documentation. In applying for a place on the National Professional Qualification (NPQ) programmes (NPQML, NPQSL, NPQH, NPQEL) all applicants are required to agree to the collection and sharing of personal data with the Department for Education (DfE). Further details regarding the purpose of data collection, usage and analysis is provided in the attached document.